Vehicle Self Storage
It’s officially summer! And if you have a car, truck or RV in storage, now is the time to get it ready for your season of adventure.
Before you can savor the thrill of the open highway, you’ll need to make sure that your vehicle is ready. A vehicle that’s been stored for more than a few months will always need at least some attention before it can go out on the road again.
Here are some tips to help you get your automobile up and running:
- charge the battery – if your vehicle has been in storage for more than a year, you may need to replace the battery completely.
- change the oil and oil filter – cars run best when both of things are new and clean.
- pre-lubricate the engine – remove the spark plugs and apply a small amount of motor oil in each cylinder.
- change the fuel filter – this is especially important if your car has been in storage for more than three years.
- replace spark plug cables – this is recommended for vehicles that have been off the road for more than five years or have cables that look brittle or cracked.
- take car off jack stands – once your vehicle is in contact with the ground, check the air pressure in your tires: check your owner’s manual for the required psi.
- turn on the engine – if the car won’t run, drain the gas tank and add new fuel.
At Lone Star Self-Storage, we care about our clients. Our company places high value on customer satisfaction, which means we’re always ready to help you whether you’re putting things into storage or taking them out.
Best of all, our competitively priced month-to-month contracts are as easy to get into as they are to get out of. So contact us today – we’re the company that won’t ever take you or your belongings for a ride!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter