Whether it’s because you’re changing jobs or looking for a fresh start, a move is in your future. Now you need to consider where exactly you’ll be landing.
As you go over your options, don’t be afraid to look beyond the places you’ve already considered. A good way to go about this is to think in terms of what’s most important to you rather than in terms of location. Following are some issues and questions for you to explore on your journey to finding the city or town of your dreams:
- Personal connections – What kind of people do you want to be around: liberal, conservative or middle-of-the-road? Ethnically diverse or homogeneous?
- Lifestyle – How big is your ideal community? Do you want a lifestyle that’s laid-back, fast-paced or somewhere in between?
- Spirituality – Do you want to be around people who express their spirituality through the established religions or through other art, music or communion with nature?
- Leisure activities – How do you spend your free time: going to parks, watching sporting events, participating in volunteer activities, or engaging in hobbies such as painting or photography?
- Physical environment – Is there a particular kind of weather or topography that you find especially energizing?
- Health and wellness – Do you need health clubs, yoga centers or natural food stores to be located near to where you will live?
- Transportation – How do you prefer to get around: by car, bus, bike or on foot? Do you want to live in a place that accommodates a variety of choices or just one or two?
- Finances – Are there any changes you would need to make to your current financial situation to make you feel comfortable in your new location?
It’s also a good idea to spend some time in the cities and towns that make it to your shortlist of choices. That way, you can have the opportunity to feel out the energy or “vibe” in those locations and see what best matches your own.
Once you’ve figured out your new coordinates, you may find it helpful to put some of your belongings away for safekeeping at Lone Star Self-Storage. Whether you’ll be coming to or leaving Austin, we have units of all different sizes that are suitable for your temporary or long-term storage needs. Contact us when you’re ready or your next moving adventure!
Photo credit: phanlop88