Lone Star Self Storage Use Tips!
If you decide to use professional movers for your next relocation, the standard practice is to start looking for a company at least two to three months before you move and pick one at least one a month before you leave.
But sometimes even the best laid plans go awry. Maybe your mover suddenly backs out at the last minute. Or maybe something happens to your home–a fire, flood etc.–that forces you into emergency relocation mode.
Here are some suggestions for what you can do when the unexpected rearranges your moving schedule
- Stay calm. Getting agitated will not help solve the problem.
- Expect to that your moving bill will be more than what you first thought. Moving companies will typically tack on extra fees for rush moves.
- Tell your movers exactly when you need to leave your home.
- Try not to go with the first company you talk to. Get at least two or three estimates before choosing.
- Deal with companies that are local (or have a local presence) and make sure it will be them and not some third party mover that will be taking care of you.
- Don’t take the lowest bid you get. In many cases, moving companies give low ball estimates to win clients only to hike up the price later.
- Start packing right away. Doing so will help them the mover see more clearly what needs to be moved. It will also help get you the most accurate moving quote.
- If you wants the moving company to box up your belongings, make sure that everything is easily accessible to the people doing the packing.
You can help ease some of the stress of an emergency move by storing the items you won’t need right away at Lone Star Self-Storage. Our contracts are month to month, so you won’t have to worry about any long-term commitments. Let us help you stay focused on making a smooth transition to your new home: contact us today!